FsPassengers Forums
Weird Problem - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Weird Problem (/showthread.php?tid=15944)

Pages: 1 2

Weird Problem - luis2423 - 09-05-2010

Ok so I started my flight from JFK to EZE. POSKY Boeing 767-300. Its a 10 hours 30 minutes flight. I took off everything is going perfect. While
I'm over South America by the border line of Venezuela and Brazil at FL370 Speed of 480knts my altimeter drops to FL270 and speed
increases to 655knts. It came back to FL370 and the speed dropped to 380knts. Then the altimeter dropped to -47500 feet and speed to
800knts. I declared an emergency. I started descending VFR to land ASAP. While Im landing I notice my GPS indicates that my speed is
65knts. I didn't pay attention to it I continued VFR. When I'm on final at a class E airport I noticed that the plane doesn't want to descend. I
dropped the speed to 45knts and its still flying. The only way to touch down was landing the nose gear first. I managed to put the nose gear
on the runway and slow down a bit but the main landing gear still in air and the plane does not stop. It continued on full reverse, max auto
brake and spoilers down. The plane kept on going and hit a tree after the runway. FSPASSENGERS report said the plane hit the ground in
unknown circumstances. It also said that I declared an emergency when there wasn't any emergency.
Does anybody has an idea of what happened?

Re: Weird Problem - timtomairways - 10-05-2010

wow

this is werired, the only thing i can think of is a pito staic problem, but that would not effect GPS ground speed.

this must be a bug in flight sim. this is the first ive heard of it thoue, is there any way you can re creat the flight and see if you get the same
results, ocationally these weird things happen. but they are onyl one time events useally

Re: Weird Problem - luis2423 - 10-05-2010

Well this is the second time I've done this flight. The first time I did it everything went perfect. I will try it again tomorrow. I just hate when it
happens after 7 hours of flight. There was once I did JFK to HKG and after I landed the plane started bouncing on the taxiway and it crashed
after 16 hours and 20 minutes of flight. I was so mad lol.
Thanks anyways. I'll try again tomorrow and post whatever happens

Re: Weird Problem - gbapache - 10-05-2010

767 @ 45 kts is pretty darm ballsy!

Quote:gbapache wrote:

ill say.
"ladies and gentle man we will now demostrate a basic flying monuver called slow flight"

Smile

Quote:timtomairways wrote:
Quote:gbapache wrote:

ill say.
"ladies and gentle man we will now demostrate a basic flying monuver called slow flight"

Smile
lol it was a funny problem. Think about it, 186 passengers aboard a 767-300 at 45knts lol i was like WTF. The thing is it wouldn't stop flying.
Then the altimeter was indicating -FL430

Re: Weird Problem - Joeflyer - 10-05-2010

Luis, you indicated " I declared an emergency" and then later said, "It also said that I declared an emergency when there wasn't any
emergency", so did you actually declare an emergency when there wasn't one?

Also, it sounds as if the weather generator may be causing issues with the altitude and speed. What are you using for weather? ASA?
ASE? Or, the default one? I've had similar issues when using ASA or ASE. But, since HiFi came out with the latest build for ASE, I haven't
seen any drastic pressure/temp changes.

Quote:Joeflyer wrote:
Luis, you indicated " I declared an emergency" and then later said, "It also said that I declared an emergency when there
wasn't any
emergency", so did you actually declare an emergency when there wasn't one?

Also, it sounds as if the weather generator may be causing issues with the altitude and speed. What are you using for weather? ASA?
ASE? Or, the default one? I've had similar issues when using ASA or ASE. But, since HiFi came out with the latest build for ASE, I haven't
seen any drastic pressure/temp changes.
well i use the default one. I declared an emergency because i thought and knew i had problems with my instruments (pitot static problem).
The only one that was working properly was the VSI. The autopilot was just going crazy. After the crash the report was that there was no
emergency. I kinda noticed that while i was flying winds were changing out of nowhere since i use Real Weather 15 minutes Update but i've
always done it like this and i've been on flight simulator since it came out and this has never happened. After the instruments stopped
working i had the overspeed warning the rest of the flight even at 45knts. It was so weird. It has to be a bug with flight sim.

Re: Weird Problem - whiskey-zulu - 10-05-2010

There are known issues with drastic wind changes with the default real-world weather updates set to 15 minutes in both FS9 and FSX, as for the other
issues, which version of the POSKY model were you using?

Quote:whiskey-zulu wrote:
There are known issues with drastic wind changes with the default real-world weather updates set to 15 minutes in both FS9 and FSX, as for
the other
issues, which version of the POSKY model were you using?
I'm using the project open sky boeing 767-300 version 4.
I was reading about this weather thing.
Is there any good weather software for FS9?
I really think it had to do with the weather. I remember while doing the flight the winds were changing from 175/90 to 275/99 to 350/95 so i
guess it was that.

Re: Weird Problem - whiskey-zulu - 10-05-2010

As for weather, some people say that getting an unregistered version of FSUIPC will solve the drastic jumps in FS default weather, failing that,
others would recommend Active Sky Advanced, while others Real Environment Extreme, and others would say don't fly to the limits, hold back on the
speed to account for the jumps.

Quote:whiskey-zulu wrote:
As for weather, some people say that getting an unregistered version of FSUIPC will solve the drastic jumps in FS default weather, failing
that,
others would recommend Active Sky Advanced, while others Real Environment Extreme, and others would say don't fly to the limits, hold back
on the
speed to account for the jumps.
I will check these out and see if they can fix my problem... Thanks Alot for the info!
Happy Landings

i recommend Active Sky Evolution

ive had no problems with it, none that i could not fix anyway. and with the SP1 out for it, its working better than ever.

its nice to have to worry about Wake turbulance now.

as for your emergincy, it sounds like it might just be one of thoues one time problems that occur every now and then

Quote:timtomairways wrote:
i recommend Active Sky Evolution

ive had no problems with it, none that i could not fix anyway. and with the SP1 out for it, its working better than ever.

its nice to have to worry about Wake turbulance now.

as for your emergincy, it sounds like it might just be one of thoues one time problems that occur every now and then
Ok so i got it and WOW its working perfect. This is really nice. Thanks alot for your help.
Thanks to everyone for the help!

Post Edited ( 05-11-10 05:53 )

Re: Weird Problem - Shaun Patterson - 06-08-2010

Bermuda Triangle...