FsPassengers Forums
Saitek Yoke - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Saitek Yoke (/showthread.php?tid=15449)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Saitek Yoke - DavidPowell - 18-01-2008

Just seen a Saitek Yoke and Throttle Qaud advetised for £76, which seems very good deal. Also the throttle on its own is £35. Can't even
be bean on Ebay.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/627329/art/saitek/pro-flight-yoke-system.html

It's tempting!

David

Re: Saitek Yoke - Wally - 18-01-2008

Yes indeed does look very tempting... However, I have several friends who have different quality yoke's and what not! the cheaper ones,
as you have shown, tend to be far less satisfactory and after a while dont move smoothly... whereas the more expensive ones (im talking
really really expensive 1000 Euros +++) give a far greater/ superior experience!!!!

So, just as a little warning i suppose, that you shouldnt expect the most out of it... then again, i dont have one, so im not talking out of
direct personal experience.

maybe another person can shed more light on this issue.

Goodluck

Re: Saitek Yoke - Buckfast - 18-01-2008

Saitek makes good stuff, and from what I´ve read, you really can´t get it better than this for a reasonably price. I´m going to get one of
those and in a week from now, I can give you a personal view of it! Big Grin

Re: Saitek Yoke - Ali310 - 19-01-2008

That's one piece of sweet kit.. for a sweet price Wink

Damn I wish the Pro Flight Instrument Panel was included xD

I'm considering getting this.. but I need to think in advance - I recently just picked up flight simming again, after a break of about a year or
two. I'm wondering if it's just a phase and whether it's worth investing my money in this stuff.

Re: Saitek Yoke - gronji2004 - 19-01-2008

Definitely not! I have the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, and its horrible compared to the CH Products Yoke!

Re: Saitek Yoke - Buckfast - 19-01-2008

Please gronji Can you be more specific about the system and why you think it´s a bad choice? I read that the early versions of it had a
large number of bugs and buttons that did not work etc. That must for sure be fixed or?

Re: Saitek Yoke - Joeflyer - 19-01-2008

I've seen more positive reviews than I have negative about this yoke system. Yet, there are going to be those who do have horrible
experiences with a faulty system. I've had problem-free usage of my X52 for 2 years now, and the rudder pedals are operating smoothly
as well. I have considered the yoke and throttle quadrants, but I wanted to wait 6 months to a year before getting them. Hardware like that
needs to be thoroughly tested by other users before I give it serious consideration.

Re: Saitek Yoke - Buckfast - 19-01-2008

Well! I´ll have one next week, Hopefully I´ll be happy with it, I´ll let you guys know what I think after a couple of flights. But I bet there are
some of you on this forum that allready have this joke system, so I´ll be happy to hear from you aswell. I can always send it back if it´s not
top notch stuff.

Re: Saitek Yoke - gronji2004 - 19-01-2008

The main downpoint is the Saitek Yoke has a centre lock position, where as the CH Products yoke doesn't. This means you cant move as freely as you can
with the CH yoke! Its just my personal opinion!

Re: Saitek Yoke - Ali310 - 19-01-2008

hmm. Saitek are well known for joysticks and gaming equipment. I'll consider getting this..

The CH Products multi-function panel is a bit weird if you ask me. The only thing I'd use it for would be autopilot switches tbh..

Re: Saitek Yoke - ameval - 20-01-2008

The Ch yoke is awesome and in my opinion better than Saitek and I can give you a reason for this: Well I once bought a Saitek yoke and it
stop working 2 weeks after I bought it then I claim my guarantee and it took me one month to get it fix so I sold it in ebay and I bought Ch
yoke and so far so good

Re: Saitek Yoke - Ali310 - 20-01-2008

hmm.. I was considering the Saitek X52 HOTAS system, but that's more fighter plane than airliner, so I'll stick with the yoke and throttle
quadrant. I may buy the rudder pedals in half a year's time as well, if I'm still interested in flight simulation xD

Re: Saitek Yoke - Buckfast - 30-01-2008

I´ve ordered it and as I promised I will give you my thoughts around it when I get it. It´s out of stock where I bought it from but in the middle
of feburary I´ll get it.

Re: Saitek Yoke - Ali310 - 30-01-2008

meh. I looked on that site, and the price has gone up to 81 quid or something now Hunappy should've ordered it whilst it was out of stock.. damn.

Re: Saitek Yoke - DavidPowell - 15-02-2008

Just to report back, to date the new yoke seems to be working well. I've had no problems with reliability or random spikes and it seems
stronger and less desk disruptive than the CH Yoke. It also seems a little smother in use, but I could do without the center detent.

Next job is to out the CH Yoke on ebay!

Regards

David