FsPassengers Forums
This is what I call Low Flying - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: This is what I call Low Flying (/showthread.php?tid=12961)

This is what I call Low Flying - omarza - 09-02-2006

Dunno if I would like to be in this aircraft Doubt

[Image: 707buzz2yb.jpg]

Post Edited ( 02-09-06 20:56 )

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - Navymmw - 09-02-2006

AHHH! that would be scary wow
But cool Cool
nice pic Top

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - omarza - 09-02-2006

Quote:Navymmw wrote:
AHHH! that would be scary wow
But cool Cool
nice pic Top

I was actually looking for this video clip i saw a while back when I came accross that pic Smile
http://www.avpics.de/mov/civ/civ.htm (Tex rolling the 707)
Look for the video sying "Tex doing his thing"

Post Edited ( 02-09-06 21:02 )

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - SaVas - 09-02-2006

Guess he had a gear failure in FsP

Seriously though thats one helluva low pass. Would hate to be in that crowd if he came in a bit too low

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - DBE - 09-02-2006

*GULP*

Somehow reminds me of "Habsheim"! Hunappy

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - pegase - 10-02-2006

This pilot seems having his 707 in hand wow. No more than some 10 feets AGL. needs a reliable echo altimeter and calm air.

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - Ryanamur - 10-02-2006

Bah, he's still high. He's at about 20-25'. Chicken! Smile Smile Smile

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - Covoxer - 10-02-2006

This guy is definitely going for a belly landing!
As you may see, it's flying over some strip - airstrip or a road I'm not sure here.
He's going with full flaps and at 5,4 degree of pich, which means a very low speed.
Noone would fly at minimum speed that low if he had no intention to actually land...
What do you think? Wonder

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - Covoxer - 10-02-2006

Ok, I have made a little search.
This is a Boing 707 from Air Zimbabwe airline.
It is in 80's livery. Besides, looking at the pictue quality, it seems very possible that this happened in 80's.
Funny thing is that AirZimbabwe had no accidents with their 707's....
So it was not belly landing! wow
Now, let's check if this is a fake.
Theoretially, one could easily erase landing gear in Photoshop.
But, this image was scanned from some offset printed source like magazine or newspaper since it has typical moir that appears in this
case. If one would play with clone tool over such image it would be easily noticeble. But I dont see it... So it looks to me that no editing
was made to this image after scanning. The only chance for fake is that it was edited before printing in that magazine, which could
happen since, many magazines like to print some photo jokes. Wink
So....
I'll make some more search and see what can I find. Hot

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - DBE - 10-02-2006

According to my research, it's a flyby at Charles Prince Airport, Harare, on Sunday, May 9, 1993, during the Mashonaland Flying Club's Air
Day'93

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - KenG - 10-02-2006

John,

Just by the number of people I would guess that this was taken at an air show. If so the pilot may be doing a low pass, albeit very low. I would not
immediately call it a fake, basically the graininess of the picture is maintained throughout. While it is possible to add-in grain during a Photoshop
session... generally I do not suspect that someone would necessarily "think of that" as a part of the hoax.

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - jboweruk - 10-02-2006

They did fly low at airshows back then, and besides Africa has different rules regarding what is allowed compared to us. Some of those
large jet pilots are really clever, have you seen South African Airlines 747 airshow routine?

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - omarza - 10-02-2006

Quote:jboweruk wrote:
They did fly low at airshows back then, and besides Africa has different rules regarding what is allowed compared to us. Some of those
large jet pilots are really clever, have you seen South African Airlines 747 airshow routine?
Very true and they sometimes performed amazing routines. However nowadays they are more careful and much stricter on the regulations.

I will be able to verify if that picture is authentic or not in about 2 weeks time. Im visiting Zimbabwe on a business trip to do some work for their
aviation authority and will talk to Air Zimbabwe people i know there... hoping that if its authentic that they will have a nice high quality pic of
that event which I can maybe post back up here Wink

Re: This is what I call Low Flying - 737-700 Next Generation Pilot - 11-02-2006

I'v seen lower!! lol