FsPassengers Forums
Whew, now THATS bad weather - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Whew, now THATS bad weather (/showthread.php?tid=12955)

Pages: 1 2

Whew, now THATS bad weather - SaVas - 09-02-2006

So I was flying into Wiley's Post in northern Alaska. About 100 miles out using AS6 real weather online, I saw what appeared to be some
pretty dense clouds. Sure enough about 30 miles those clouds became super dense fog/snow and even coming in for a landing at an
altitude of 200 feet I could not see the ground, nor could I see the runway. here are some screenshots and there was a pretty strong wind:

From the external view so you could see the "trees"

[Image: fog1.jpg]

From the VC you can barely see a beacon in front of me

[Image: Fog2.jpg]

Unfortunately I lost points because I came in a bit hard and did some tire damage, but I landed ON the runway lol

[Image: Fog3.jpg]

Even parked you can make out the building infront of the plane but not the one to the left of the plane

[Image: Fog4.jpg]

I love the challenge of winter flying.

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - JayKae - 09-02-2006

So do I SaVas, great shots btw

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - ivo - 09-02-2006

wow, that really was bad weather. Looks like you pax must have sh** their pants! lol

Post Edited ( 02-09-06 02:33 )

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - WBHoenig - 09-02-2006

wow nice pice Smile

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - alphaone - 09-02-2006

Good thing fs9 doesn't model icing very well. It's well known that Caravans don't take well to it. Flying a van in icing is like flying a very
aerodynamic brick according to pilots.

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - Covoxer - 09-02-2006

Quote:Flying a van in icing is like flying a very aerodynamic brick according to pilots.
lol

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - jboweruk - 09-02-2006

When I get home I'll try to post some pics of a Supercell I hit near Vegas soon after FSP came out, that was at night and I was flying VFR
at the time, couldn't gain altitude, was in mountains, and abso-bally-lutely bricking myself waiting for the crash to occur. I got some great
screenies of the lightning lighting up the entire cockpit.

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - SaVas - 09-02-2006

I love the thnderstorms as well, but I think for me its the blizzards that get my attention, yet by choice, my airlines tend to be in the worst
areas for flying.

Fall/Winter/ Early Spring - Northern US/Canada/Alaska
Late Spring/Summer - Caribbean, Central/Southern USA

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - poden - 09-02-2006

Nice landing! I did one a couple of weeks ago on the north Alaskan coast. This time of year of course the sun never rises. The weather was heavy snow;
talk about a tough time seeing the runway!

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - jboweruk - 09-02-2006

Okay here's my poor weather pics. I still can't upload 'em here so have to go to my site : http://home.clara.net/bower

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - CowlFlapsOpen - 10-02-2006

What's that aircraft SaVas? Thanks

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - ivo - 10-02-2006

I think its' the Feelthere Cessna Caravan.

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - jwhak - 10-02-2006

Hello,

Speaking of icing.

I wonder if there would be anyway that Dan could somehow program that into FSPassengers. To where you would have to start fighting
the controls and it would somehow start getting soggy and and slowly losing altitude etc..

That would be a dream!!! Make people pay alot more attn to their METARS...

Happy Landings,

Josh

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - jboweruk - 10-02-2006

Quote:ivo wrote:
I think its' the Feelthere Cessna Caravan.

Yup, I have it too and I'd know her anywhere.

Re: Whew, now THATS bad weather - bdlong - 10-02-2006

I have a friend who was stationed on one of the islands in Alaska when he was in the Air Force. He happened to be listening in on the radio when a
C130 called in that is was landing. After a while, the plane made another call. The tower responded that the airport was closed due to 0/0 weather.
The pilot responded back: "I'm already on the ground, I need someone to guide me to my parking place." Nothing was said to the pilot since he was
bringing fresh supplies and had the weekly mail. Smile

He also reported that they had ropes connecting to each of the buildings. When you walked outside you would use the rope to guide you to the next
building. The wind and snow would blow so hard, if you let go of the rope, they wouldn't find your body until the Spring.

Dean