FsPassengers Forums
Amazing, What addon ? - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Amazing, What addon ? (/showthread.php?tid=12682)

Pages: 1 2

Amazing, What addon ? - xvxmatthewxvx - 20-12-2005

http://www.simradar.com/Feature/3489/LDS_767_Virtual_Cockpit_landing_w_TrackIR.html

This is the Level-D 767 but those fluid camera movements! How the heck is he doing this? It almost looks like he is moving his head
and the camera is moving with it. Its just so natural and fluid! Anyone know what addon he/she is using?

Also why the heck doesn't my LDS look that good in virtual cockpit? lol

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - Navymmw - 20-12-2005

i think he is using this.
http://www.edimensional.com/product_info.php?ref=29&products_id=106&affiliate_banner_id=66

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - xvxmatthewxvx - 20-12-2005

I want that........ but that price?? Hunappy

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - Navymmw - 20-12-2005

ya I know I want it too but way to expensive.

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - Nasder - 20-12-2005

Listen to me...

LISTEN!

IT IS WORTH IT!

Once you go trackIR, you won't fly without it! It's perfect! It's wonderfull!

This is what you need according to me.

Good computer > FS9 > Good Joystick > Good plane > trackIR > any other addon you want.

I got one for X-mas last year (flying lomac) and since then I haven't flown without it much. PS, it can get you do silly things, like turning your
head while watching a movie because you want to see to the left or right... I've done it a few times...

If you really enjoy flying in 3D cockpit, then this is THE thing you have to buy next. If you are flying in 2D, then you won't have much use for it.

but get one, it's just plain great!

PS, he seem to have the latest one, wich allow you to move your head to the left and right, zoom in and out. I got the "old" one wich only allows me to turn left and right, unless I buy the expansion

Post Edited ( 12-20-05 09:51 )

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - jboweruk - 20-12-2005

I love the look of it, but at the mo' it's a little pricey, I'd be skint if I bought it now. So I'll wait.

Nasder, how big is the unit mate? Is it quite large or fairly tiny.

I got the old unit wich is a bit larger... Let me get a ruler...

depth: 55mm (5.5cm)
height: 50mm (5cm), standing on feet. (feet can be tilted to 90 degrees. Unit alone: 3cm heigh.
width: 55mm, (5.5cm)

It's not big at all, and the new is even smaller!

If you got a TFT screen, it comes with a special holder wich can hold it ontop of the very thin screen.

EDIT: I suck at math and made the wrong mm Wink

Post Edited ( 12-20-05 10:04 )

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - Kaveman - 20-12-2005

Hi Nasder!

One question please, I move around alot in chair when flying. With trackIR would I have to be still while using it or can I lay back on the
chair and still use it?

Best regards
Kaveman

I move around quite a bit too... What I do is that I have a key to center it...

So no matter where my head is, I press the key and it's centered again and I can start from scratch.

You can also edit deadzones and sensetivity after your liking.

I made a inflight recording for lo-mac for my squadron once and they saw me having a soda in the movie because everytime my view tilted up, I had a zip Smile

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - koyaan - 20-12-2005

Besides the Tack-IR its a very fluid motion, i guess he's having a super computer also.

Gerrit

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - SaVas - 20-12-2005

There is a new Track IR 4 out now

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - Kaveman - 21-12-2005

Cool! Thanks for explaining, just one more thing if you don't mind.
How long and how dificult was it to adapt to TrackIR?

Best Regards
Kaveman

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - Nasder - 21-12-2005

Quote:Kaveman wrote:
Cool! Thanks for explaining, just one more thing if you don't mind.
How long and how dificult was it to adapt to TrackIR?

Best Regards
Kaveman

It took me around a week or so to get everything to what I liked it, this includes getting used to it and get all the deadzones and sensetivity right.
Even if it takes you more than that it's still worth getting if you fly in VC alot... I fly almost everyflight in VC since I got my new computer that
can handle VC's very nice.

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - aristoteles - 21-12-2005

Get it ONLY if your rig can handle VCs fluidly.

Re: Amazing, What addon ? - Nasder - 21-12-2005

Quote:aristoteles wrote:
Get it ONLY if your rig can handle VCs fluidly.

I used it some on my old machine and it worked rather nice, all though the VC's where a bit choppy, but it was still much much better than using the
hatswitch.

So I'd like to say, if you fly using VC, GET IT! If you don't use VC, don't get one, but try to find a friend who owns one and try it out Smile