FsPassengers Forums
Had it with MS ATC - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Had it with MS ATC (/showthread.php?tid=12531)

Pages: 1 2 3

Re: Had it with MS ATC - samiranks - 20-11-2005

well lets hope SWAFO when you go out on that southwest flight you dont say airwave flt 4053 taxiing to runway ?? remeber real and not
virtual and remember not to ignore atc in real world i will be flying southwest soon... Up

Re: Had it with MS ATC - SWAFO - 21-11-2005

What do you mean? My copy of FS9 has "SOUTHWEST" as one of the callsigns. Why would I say "Airwave"? lol

Re: Had it with MS ATC - jeremy19446 - 21-11-2005

Or if I dont feel like putting up with ATC I just switch my frequency to somthing that doesnt exist so I dont have to hear a word from them,
sure its unrealistic and sure in real world if you switched your frequency to somthing unknown the whole flight ummmmmmm the FAA
would take away your pilots licence...but somtimes you just dont feel like talking to ATC. MS ATC make me want to Drink

Re: Had it with MS ATC - xvxmatthewxvx - 21-11-2005

Amen Jeremy Smile Drunk

AISmooth seems to help Thank you.

Re: Had it with MS ATC - Dutch64 - 21-11-2005

At least we now know why we all drink on this forumSmile
This and encounter pilots like Mud up there lol

Re: Had it with MS ATC - pegase - 21-11-2005

The smiley Wall would be a fine logo for MS ATC. However, ad Brad wrote there are some fly arounds.

When we don't want to have my flight cancelled because I don't answer them during long cruise, we can when it assign a new frequency
acknowlege, tune the new frequency but DON'T CONTACT until we are back ready to play with ATC. I usually suspend ATC at about the
end of climb and reconnect shortly before descent.

The go arounds are always rather long trips. So as soon as you are in good position to re-insert into the approach pattern, cancel the
flight, reload the flight plan and re-open. You will be almost immediately be vectored to approach and can save 20-30 minutes and a
pretty amount of fuel.

What I don't know is how to obtain clearance on other runway that the assigned. We are supposed to make the approach on the runway
we selected and land on the runway assigned by the ATC ???

The ATC ignores totallly the SID and STAR which is annoying for acurate flight planning.

There would be much less go arounds if ATC could handle hold patterns.

Until today, I was never vectored into a moutain by the FS9.1 ATC. (this was a big speciality in FS98) Malaga approach to runway 14
sneaks between mountains and the ATC always drove me properly.
But, especially for visual approachs it sometimes keeps us at such altitude that when we are cleared for the final, we need an helicopter
to follow such steep descent slope.

Conclusion: ATC is better than dead silence but I am very curious about Radar Contact.

Re: Had it with MS ATC - DBE - 21-11-2005

Quote:pegase wrote:
Until today, I was never vectored into a moutain by the FS9.1 ATC.

Then I've got the ideal airport for you, pegase: LIMJ! Try taking off and "follow runway heading" until ATC hands you over to another frequency. Wink

Re: Had it with MS ATC - pegase - 21-11-2005

Quote:DBE wrote:

Then I've got the ideal airport for you, pegase: LIMJ! Try taking off and "follow runway heading" until ATC hands you over to
another frequency. Wink

OK, I will have a try... with a cheap empty plane, a stripe circling my head and a last Sake before take off Smile

BANZAI !!!

Post Edited ( 11-21-05 18:11 )

Re: Had it with MS ATC - jules17 - 21-11-2005

I'm using Radar Contact V3 and looks like I'll upgrade to Version 4, It's so much better than the MS ATC.
The AI Traffic isn't very smart either, yesterday I had some Citation or whatever landing in front of me, so ATC advised me to hold short.
Looking to my left I wondered where that Citation is...well I couldn't see it, since it was at the threshold at about 3000ft, all of a sudden
descending at about 1000 feet per second (oh yeah), pulling the nose up during the hell dive and crashing into the ground with a speed of about 600
knots lol, 'United 281, cleared for take off' :applause

Re: Had it with MS ATC - DBE - 21-11-2005

Quote:pegase wrote:
Quote:DBE wrote:

Then I've got the ideal airport for you, pegase: LIMJ! Try taking off and "follow runway heading" until ATC hands you
over to
another frequency. Wink

OK, I will have a try... with a cheap empty plane, a stripe circling my head and a last Sake before take off Smile

BANZAI !!!

C'mon, mon ami: I'm just referring to Genoa, not Okinawa! Smile

Re: Had it with MS ATC - jeremy19446 - 21-11-2005

On the box of the FS they should put NOTE: Microsoft ATC may make you want to Drink and Worry and Wall but dont let this discourage you from
buying our product filled with bugs

Re: Had it with MS ATC - pegase - 22-11-2005

Quote:C'mon, mon ami: I'm just referring to Genoa, not Okinawa!

Ah... OK, I must change some details in my test procedure:

I leave the yoke to someone else just telling him "I bet you won't be able to follow exactly the ATC assignment...".
I watch the result from the control tower (In FS2004: Let's see how AI handle this...)
I replace the Sake with Grappa with the big advantage it is not supposed to be the last one Drink

Re: Had it with MS ATC - SWAFO - 22-11-2005

Quote:jeremy19446 wrote:
On the box of the FS they should put NOTE: Microsoft ATC may make you want to Drink and Worry and Wall but dont let this discourage
you from
buying our product filled with bugs

The sad thing is that if the box actually said that, we'd all buy it Hunappy

Re: Had it with MS ATC - poden - 22-11-2005

Generally, if I find ATC is out of whack I cancel the IFR plan, and keep re-requesting/cancelling landing intentions until I get a clear permission to
land. If ATC is out of whack AND the airport is IFR only, I raise the bar to the next extreme and just manually clear the weather. I don't let
faulty ATC mess up my flights.

Re: Had it with MS ATC - bloha - 22-11-2005

Quote:Dutch64 wrote:
At least we now know why we all drink on this forumSmile
This and encounter pilots like Mud up there lol

lol
This is also the reason why I'm not bother whenthe ATC keeps ordering me about from the left to the right!
Just aim at the runway and pass the bottle Friend .

Hans Drunk