FsPassengers Forums
Had it with MS ATC - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Had it with MS ATC (/showthread.php?tid=12531)

Pages: 1 2 3

Had it with MS ATC - xvxmatthewxvx - 20-11-2005

I've had it with MS ATC. Today was the last straw. Grrr

It was 9PM and I was using the level-d 767 going from Toronto to Quebec city. It was night, very snowy, extremely limited visability. I'm
about 50NM from Quebec City Airport and the airport is to my left. "Air Canada 181 heavy, Turn RIGHT heading XXX cleared runway XX
descend and maintain 2000 until ILS etc etc ........." I'm thinking "OK, it made a mistake obviously as the heading it gave me takes me
directly away from the airport. I ignore its instructions and decide my own heading. Again visability is very very poor with heavy snow and
its night. Decide on an autolanding as I have never had visibility this bad, ever. (I know I should of cancelled) Anyways... Things APPEAR
to be going well. One-thousand, five-hundred, etc etc...... and when I hear the callout "ten" ATC says "Air Canada 181 heavy, go around"
obviously im angry, but I can't see the runway so rather than risk a crash I abort. I was pretty annoyed at TEN feet it told me to go around.

Anyways it then says "Turn left heading XX climb and maintain 15,000" I'm thinking "Hmm....... thats a little high for a go around" but I
listen to it again......... 5 minutes pass and no further instructions. 10 minutes, then 15 minutes, until its 30 minutes! Then I hear "Air
Canada 181 heavy contact Toronto center". "Wow" I'm thinking. Finally they remember me. I'm going to get a command to turn around. I
wait another 10 minutes and nothing. I'm thinking "Forget this, I'm going back myself this is ridiculous"

When I finally get back on the glideslope for the previously assigned runway ATC wakes up and gives me clearance again. Theres still
heavy snow and poor visibility. So I do the autoland. I touch down great. I'm thinking "A should be 1 hour flight is almost 3 hours now,
finally its over" But........ MS ATC has another surprise for me. As soon as the nose touches down and I can see the rest of the runway I
see a caravan on the opposite end of the runway starting its takeoff. AFTER IM ON THE GROUND and at about 100KTS I hear "Air
Canada 181 Go Around" I put full power instinctively even before ATC said this as soon as I saw the Caravan. I don't know how but I make
it off the ground before I have a runway crash on the ground. At this point im very angry at MS ATC! Then because I overexceeded the
engines I have a right engine fire! (remember I am using the Level-d) After about 2 MORE attempted landings I finally land safely and of
course get no points!! (not blaming FSP, I know better Smile )

This has to be the single worst session of the MS ATC yet for me. They were VERY unprofessional! AVOID QUEBEC CITY ATC AT ALL
COSTS! If MSATC were competant none of this would of ever happened. I don't care how much it costs I will be buying Radar 4 or
whatever its called on December 10th. Smile (Yes I know VATSIM I would never have this problem)

Just wanted to tell you what happened as I never had so many bad ATC as this flight! Smile

Anyways yes I am a native speaker of english, just I am very tired at the moment so excuse my writing. lol

Perhaps if you want you can share your horror MS ATC stories. hehehe

Post Edited ( 11-20-05 14:50 )

Re: Had it with MS ATC - Mud - 20-11-2005

hmm I never get upset by a game lol
and by chance have you unchecked GA traffic , they are a pain in the @ss at large airports.

Mud

Re: Had it with MS ATC - silo - 20-11-2005

Really Mud? Not even a little bit of cursing? Big Grin Say for example you do a 3 hours flight sitting at the controls and in the end during
the approach the ATC vectors you into a mountain... Bug

Anyway Matthew vxvxvxvxvmx, have you tried AI Smooth? This free program will at least make your life easier with AI traffic so you only have
to deal with the ATC Wink
It will put AI aircrafts in a holding pattern until you have landed.

Ok maybe mumble some "F" words when I have a CTD after a 9 hour flight two weeks ago Smile
But there are far more important things in real life to worry about.
As I said in some other post , if AI traffic gets in the way I get rid of them.
I am the player of the game and I make the rules ( me 1st rest can wait ) and not the AI , maybe I'm stupid
Back to me beer Friend

Mud

Re: Had it with MS ATC - silo - 20-11-2005

lol

Sorry...I was visualizing you at the controls of a 737 on final...

Talking to the co-pilot: "Pass me a cold one, would ya? And tell that darn 767 to get out of the way, we need to land!"

Tower: "Orca 737, cleared to land 22R. Traffic is 767 landing 22L"

Mud: "Roger, Orca 737 is cleared to land 22L" to co-pilot "Where is me beer? And why that 767 is still there, tell them to go around"

Ok, ok...maybe I had a few too many myself Friend

LMAO lol

Mud

Re: Had it with MS ATC - SE-TMA - 20-11-2005

Yes, actaully...I'm also quite annoyed by that ATC, and I too am buying RC4.

Re: Had it with MS ATC - Capt. Wotan - 20-11-2005

MS ATC is pretty bad, especially when you get those pesky turn right heading 141, then two seconds later turn left heading 90, then two seconds after
that turn right heading 141 ad nauseum; and then it flys you into a big hill. Still it's better than nothing at all. Looking forward to RC4

Re: Had it with MS ATC - samiranks - 20-11-2005

okay what is RC4. and i think Capt Wotan the reason why atc give the commands back to back its because i believe it does help in
getting away from other traffic path and also terrain obstruction according to ifr rules. Just assuming for Ms ATC but did you try getting ai
seperate also? that works well with ai smooth

Re: Had it with MS ATC - Grome - 20-11-2005

Just one small hint, or cheat - this m.b. useful for the 'overecrowded' areas like KOHR

1) Pause the game
2) While paused - cgange the simulation rate to the maximum available (at least that should be more than 4x )
3) Change the simulation rate to the preferred one
4) Unpause the flight

All AI traffic will disappear for a couple of minutes. That can be extremely useful for the smooth landingSmile

One else bad observation - ATC would NEVER guide me to land OK in KORD and KBOS (last one - in the rush hour). All my attempts to follow their
instructions end with '###, flight plan canceled, radar service terminated. Frequency change approved'.

P.S. http://russia.simflight.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1068 - THAT is the Rush Hour (screened at KPDX) Smile)

Re: Had it with MS ATC - Capt. Wotan - 20-11-2005

RC4 = Radar Contact 4
http://www.jdtllc.com/

It's unlikely to be vectoring me away from traffic when i'm attempting to land at Vigar in the Fareo islands, as for terrain avoidance, in my
experince it's as likely to fly you into terrain as much as avoiding it.

I already run AIsmooth

better one grome get fscopilot use time sync pause the game for a short while and time will update causing ai to dissappear

http://www.mcdu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2548 try this link for fscopilot if needed

hey thanks for that link capt. i will purchase that addon i guess when it comes out in december

Re: Had it with MS ATC - SWAFO - 20-11-2005

I've learned to ignore FS9 ATC in some unusual instances. Now it's not too much of a burden on my flying. I've "adjusted" quite well to it I
think. Doesn't bother me anymore! Just have patience with it. Eventually, you'll learn about all the little quirks of MS's ATC program, and
be able to fly around it. I find that it actually complements my virtual flying, however I dislike that lots of usual real-world commands
are left out, and the ATC is pretty much THE SAME every flight. Other than that, no complaints Wink