FsPassengers Forums
Disappearing aircraft... - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Disappearing aircraft... (/showthread.php?tid=12375)

Disappearing aircraft... - DJGodden - 16-10-2005

Is there a way to disable the timer in FS2004? From what I understand, aircraft that sit and don't move for 5 minutes will disappear. This
means that waiting to take off is often shortened because aircraft keep disappearing instead of taking off.

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - savage - 16-10-2005

Hmmm... Only time I saw AI planes dissapear is when the fs9 time changes...

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - crowebird - 16-10-2005

iv seen them dissapear before but I have no idea to change the timer or disable it

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - Dutch64 - 16-10-2005

You cannot really change that, it's a way within fs9 to "clean up" planes which might cause jams.

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - Drew - 16-10-2005

[Image: fsscr000-vi.jpg]

none of those disappeared for me? and it took me 18 mins to get to the front of that queue????

Post Edited ( 10-17-05 00:24 )

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - Dutch64 - 16-10-2005

The plane disappears when it has been held too long, like stationary. When it';s moving around it's fine, but one in front of me waiting to line up
for take off stood there for some time and then just vanishedSmile

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - Jetflyer - 16-10-2005

No, the planes behind you don't disappear, only ones that are waiting too long for somthing else to happen i.e: a plane is holding short of the runway
and is next in line for takeoff but a plane is already on the runway having landed, but is taking a very long time to exit the ruinway; therefore
after 5 minutes it disappears to allow the plane behind it to take its place and so to speed things up somewhat. Planes waiting in a queue don't
disappear even if they've been there 50 years.

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - DJGodden - 17-10-2005

Seems like something you'd be able to turn off... realism and all that.

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - Ryanamur - 17-10-2005

The one thing you could do is to bring the % of traffic down. That will take care of the crowded skies and taxi ways for you.

Phil

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - SaVas - 17-10-2005

100% traffic isnt really realistic. Settings more around 85% are better, and disappearing aircraft will all but vanish except in the most busy
of airports. Also using programs like AISmooth will help this since it puts your inbound traffic into a holding pattern or makes them land
on another runway freeing up the outbound traffic i.e inbound 26L outbound 26R

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - Dutch64 - 17-10-2005

I've read some story somewhere that in flightplans for ai traffic this percentage is set also and that depending on that figure it doesn't
make that much sense to change to 85 or 75 % or anything.
BTW, don't know if it has any effect but i'm adding to all my planes now atc_parking_code= so that at the aiport you will get the correct
gate assigned. First impressions are very promissing Top

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - Spokane - 18-10-2005

Recently i was watching a Ai plane land, but then it disapeered on contact with the runway. Shortly after another plane landed but stayed
and i watched it taxi and park.

Re: Disappearing aircraft... - Dutch64 - 18-10-2005

Sometimes they can disappear shortly after landing indeed, it happens when there is no parking place for them i thought...