FsPassengers Forums
[GAME]Guess the airport! - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: [GAME]Guess the airport! (/showthread.php?tid=12276)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

[GAME]Guess the airport! - SWAFO - 28-09-2005

Alright, here's the first post for the "Guess the airport" game. If you guess correctly, you don't win anything really; just the respect of all
your peers here on the forums Smile Since I'm starting this thread, and I'm a forum moderator, I'll run the "game" (AKA... I'm the HOST!!!). I ask that the other moderators don't edit any posts on this thread, and leave that work to me. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, I've just got a good idea of how it should run in my head, and I don't want it messed up!

lol

Here are the rules:

1. NO FURTHER IMAGES CAN BE POSTED UNTIL THE CORRECT GUESS IS MADE ON THE IMAGE IN QUESTION - This is a simple
one really. Don't post a picture of an airport that you want people to guess on, until I okay it!

2. THE FIRST CORRECT "GUESSER" GETS TO POST THE NEXT IMAGE FOR THE "GUESS THE AIRPORT" GAME - This means that
after someone correctly guesses the airport in question, they can POST the next image after they receive the okay from myself, and if
they'd like to. If not, they can elect someone else to post the next image, or allow the game host (myself Smile) to post the next image. It's up to
the winner!

That's all there is to it! Remember, this isn't a screenshot post, so don't freely post all the screens you want. I'll check the post as often
as possible, and after a correct guess is made, we'll follow the above rules in regards to posting the next screenshot. This might be a
stupid idea, but what the hell?!?! We'll see if it has any success.

Here's the first image. This is an easy one! No hints, unless the correct guess isn't made within 24 hours:

[Image: airport16ai.jpg]

Post Edited ( 09-28-05 23:58 )

Re: [GAME]Guess the airport! - ILikePlanes - 28-09-2005

Albuquerque intl sunport (KABQ)

Re: [GAME]Guess the airport! - SWAFO - 28-09-2005

Damn! I thought I had everyone fooled! It's my local airport (I would say home town, but Albuquerque is just where I presently live, I'm
from Detroit... we'll save that for another day). If you'd like to, go ahead and post a picture like I did Matt. If not, I'll post another one. Make
sure you do it from the "TOP DOWN" view, and zoom out to the point that the view is oriented north (as in my first picture... I zoomed out
until the airport flipped around, and made sure that runway 8 was on the left side of the screen). Make sense? Don't zoom out any
further than you have to though. Just make sure the whole airport is included in the picture, and it's oriented north. Those are the only
two requirements!

Re: [GAME]Guess the airport! - Jetsgo - 29-09-2005

Brad,

Let me know if you need help getting those satelite images of the airports, I can get you them from anywhere in the world, even get one of
your house if you want! Lol. If you're interested, PM me a few airports you want, and I'll get on getting you some great, clear photos.

Smile

[Edit] Just re-read the rules Wink The guesser gets to post the next photo. Oh well, the offer still stands if anyone needs one!

Post Edited ( 09-29-05 01:33 )

Re: [GAME]Guess the airport! - SWAFO - 29-09-2005

Ryan... I'm afraid you're mis-informed! The images aren't satellite. They're from FS! No satellite imagery allowed! I'll wait awhile, and if
Matt doesn't post a screenshot, I'll go ahead and keep posting them... maybe it's easier for me to just post the screens... that way we
don't have to wait for each individual poster.

What do you guys think?

Re: [GAME]Guess the airport! - jeffrey11190 - 29-09-2005

i have the pro version of keyhole, well my farther has it and i get to use it.

Re: [GAME]Guess the airport! - ILikePlanes - 29-09-2005

Thats why I guessed that, I thought you would have put put your hometown airport i'll have the screenshot up in a few minutes

lol

So you didn't actually KNOW it was Albuquerque..... darn you!

lol

Re: [GAME]Guess the airport! - Jetsgo - 29-09-2005

Wait, why are you disallowing satelite images? And how did you get that screenshot off of FS? Just trying to help Wink

Re: [GAME]Guess the airport! - Cookie - 29-09-2005

ctrl+s

Re: [GAME]Guess the airport! - ILikePlanes - 29-09-2005

[Image: topview.jpg]

I just pressed print screen, then copied and pasted the image in paint, saved it as a JPEG (for size reasons), then uploaded it to
ImageShack. Very easy Smile

Re: [GAME]Guess the airport! - Sovek - 29-09-2005

Ive seen it but dont know it.

eddk ??? or something near it lol i see it before lol

chrles degual hehe