FsPassengers Forums
737 Which One - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FS2004 General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: 737 Which One (/showthread.php?tid=12152)

Pages: 1 2

737 Which One - Sam_Nagy - 10-09-2005

Hi i know there are two versions of the PMDG 737 can you tel me which version is the best?

Which has the Easyjet paint on?

And if you have any video's of them please copy the internet link into this email.

Thanks Sam

Re: 737 Which One - SWAFO - 10-09-2005

Actually, it's recommended you purchase both. There's the base package (the -6/700), then the upgrade package (the -8/900). I strongly
recommend both. Keep in mind that you MUST buy the base package first! There really isn't a choice between "two types of 737's".\

I'm sure you can download an EasyJet scheme for any of the aircraft (presuming EasyJet flies them).

Re: 737 Which One - Angturil - 11-09-2005

EasyJet liveries available on 737 600-700, download link right here:

http://www.precisionmanuals.com/downloads/detail.asp?iFile=253&iType=15

Now about the "best" version, no clue really which one is better than another. Brad is the 737 guru here (among other things .. peanuts ? Flower Smile ) and I'd humbly agree with him, all the PMDG 737 models are a blast to fly with, althought I tend to prefer the ergonomy of PSS's FMCs (MCDU) and beside the fact that I'm an Airbus fan (they're assembled in my hometown, call it "chauvinism")

lol

Post Edited ( 09-11-05 01:08 )

Re: 737 Which One - pagir - 11-09-2005

This is a FSGeneral issue. I'll move thread.

Pagir

Re: 737 Which One - Sam_Nagy - 11-09-2005

You got any videos of the 600?

Thanks Sam

Re: 737 Which One - SWAFO - 12-09-2005

No, I don't "got" any videos of the -600. Go to http://www.precisionmanuals.com. They've got plenty of screenshots, and maybe even some
videos!

Re: 737 Which One - Sam_Nagy - 12-09-2005

Nice screenshots anyway got loads of Yahoo

Sam

Re: 737 Which One - Jetflyer - 13-09-2005

Am I just weird or is the Boeing 737-600/NG just sooo boring. Nothing beats flying the 737-200. COOOL. Doesn't southwest still fly a handful of these?

Re: 737 Which One - omarza - 13-09-2005

Quote:Jetflyer wrote:
Am I just weird or is the Boeing 737-600/NG just sooo boring. Nothing beats flying the 737-200. COOOL. Doesn't southwest still fly a handful of
these?

I also thought so at the start... especially since I use the B727 etc that makes it very interesting... that was in the start.

However I use the PMDG 737 now alot as well... still learning it but enjoy it more every day (as I get into it). I dont know how to explain it but would say it now becomes a task to master the FMC and systems of the aircraft... which is not an easy task... unless youre someone like Brad Smile

Therefore what I experienced is that by flying the new generation type of aircraft as well as an older generation type of aircraft gives you alot of
different diversity within FS. Depending on my mood the day i'll decide which aircraft to fly that day. If you fly the new generation aircraft and
dont bother to learn the equipment properly like the FMC, Aircraft systems etc it might be boring... thats why to me its the kind of aircraft that you grow to like, the more you learn... so give it time and you might think different Wink

Post Edited ( 09-13-05 09:42 )

Re: 737 Which One - SWAFO - 13-09-2005

Am I just weird or is the Boeing 737-600/NG just sooo boring. Nothing beats flying the 737-200. COOOL. Doesn't southwest still fly a
handful of these?

Nope, we retired our last 737-200 a few years back. Now we're exclusively the -3/5/700. From my personal perspective, the NG series of
aircraft are more fun to fly. I'm just one of the "new technology" guys I guess. There are some issues that us pilots don't like with the
NG's (that aren't present in the classic's), but they don't bother me!

Sorry you find flying the -700 boring. It's truely a magnificent aircraft. Try flying an A320 if you think a 737 NG with it's FMC and automate
flight is boring. I don't think the A320 even has cockpit flight controls! lol

Re: 737 Which One - Jetflyer - 13-09-2005

Done the A320 too. Like watching TV. That's why I fly the 707 and 732 on my company exclusively.

I've had the PMDG 737 for around a year now, it's a good addon but the flight dynamics aren't up to scratch with the FFX/Kittyhawk 737 and sometimes it wonders off its LNAV course for no reason. Does that happen in a real 737NG? Apparantly it actually happens in a 767-300!

Post Edited ( 09-13-05 17:28 )

Re: 737 Which One - nem - 13-09-2005

A320 or B737NG with full FMC/Autothrottle/Autopilot - no big difference. The Boeing is a bit more noisy, but that's about it. Smile

Re: 737 Which One - SWAFO - 13-09-2005

Done the A320 too. Like watching TV. That's why I fly the 707 and 732 on my company exclusively.

I've had the PMDG 737 for around a year now, it's a good addon but the flight dynamics aren't up to scratch with the FFX/Kittyhawk 737
and sometimes it wonders off its LNAV course for no reason. Does that happen in a real 737NG? Apparantly it actually happens in a 767-
300!

I find the flight dynamics to be very good. Lacking in a few areas, but it's a PC game for heavens sake! I've never had the LNAV drift off
course (if it's setup correctly). Of course, something like this would never happen in the real 737.

Re: 737 Which One - Sam_Nagy - 13-09-2005

Have anybody got a selection of videos the could post into the forum for me.

Re: 737 Which One - omarza - 13-09-2005

Quote:SWAFO wrote:

I've had the PMDG 737 for around a year now, it's a good addon but the flight dynamics aren't up to scratch with the FFX/Kittyhawk 737
and sometimes it wonders off its LNAV course for no reason. Does that happen in a real 737NG? Apparantly it actually happens in a 767-
300!

I find the flight dynamics to be very good. Lacking in a few areas, but it's a PC game for heavens sake! I've never had the LNAV drift off
course (if it's setup correctly). Of course, something like this would never happen in the real 737.

I dont mean to be interrupting or even criticizing anyone BUT Jetflyer against what did you benchmark the flight dynamics... meaning in my opiniun i
think that only a real 737 pilot will be able to judge the flight dynamics of the FS version versus the real life version... not saying you are wrong
in your statement but would trust Brad's opiniun around the flight dynamics above stuff I read from others where the 737 are concerned as he should
know exactly how accurate it is... and according to that the FFX/Kittyhawk 737 might be the one a bit off in flight dynamics... thereforeas I
mentioned above I would like to know why you state the PMDG is a bit off and Kittyhawk correct.

Again... I'm really interested in knowing and not trying to criticize you Jetflyer.