FsPassengers Forums
FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FSX General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=11376)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - hek293 - 21-02-2010

HB-100

Just a quickie. I know that you ve set up the masking automatically to create a blend mask image to gradually blend land with the underlying scenery.
Whenever you have water underneath, it will blend to water, if you have land it will blend to land. What I wanted to ask is this

The best way to achieve a good transition withouth the weird effects of blend (.i.e. the actual lines which gradually face the texture into the sea
especially at night or in non-color matched waters)
is to use a water mask instead of a blend mask, at least for the initial distance between the
shoreline (Coast) and the DeepWater. How can I replace the Blend Coast - DeepWater transition with a Water mask instead? I know that water masks have
a I or 0 value so there is no transition, but it doesn't matter if you scan the shoreline nicely. Once the water mask is there, you can fully blend
out anything that is further of the deepwater. So the ideal workflow would be:

A watermask between coast and deepwater
A blend mask between deepwater and above

Can we do that in FSearth tiles so that we do not need to draw the water/blend masks manually?

Many thanks
EG

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - HB-100 - 24-02-2010

FSX doesn't know water masks.
There is blend and reflection.

FSX developers idea seemed to be to use the reflection for creating water. But that doesnt works. All it does is make your color extremly brigth/white and you will
never be able to match it with the FSX water next to that it is sort of digital on/off. (strange thing is it seems to operate on 2 bit, 4 states, 1 is off and the other 3
seems to be on.)

If you read the user docu of FSET you will see that you can define a transition curve for the reflection value also. By default it is flat zero and not used. But you can
configure it in the FSEarthMask ini file.

The only other way seems to be to adjusts FSX's coast polygone to get FSX default water. This way however has heavy step stones its far from any usefull way
how it could be done simple smooth and logic. There are other Tools that try to deal with this pain. FSX KML if I remember right. But also with this tools from other
autors it's an impertinence and often you get no satisfying solution for what you really want.

I know that in FS2004 you could create water just simple with a water mask. It's a shame they didn't know how they can make a simple water masking working in
FSX. It had been possible but yes it had meant a lot of work for them. Now this work is left over to every single users.
Sad but It is at it is.

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - hek293 - 07-03-2010

Hi HB-100

Thanks for your prompt answer...I ll have a go with tweaking the FSmasks transition. You ve almost thought of everything in that little program of
yours....!!

Thanks
EG

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - foka320 - 12-03-2010

Hello,

FSET is working good, but its taking so long to download and compile the textures besides taking HUGE amounts of hd space. Is it
normal ?

I got an area of 97 x 30 NM, download resolution set to 1, provider = y****, no firewall.

Can anyone help please? Thanks.
Sergio

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - HB-100 - 13-03-2010

Downloading and processing takes a lot of time yes. This is normal. This are very large textures.

If you are short in HD space you can config FSEarthTiles to delete the temporary files in the working folder after each processed Area.
Check for switches with the word 'Keep' in it the .ini file and set them to No

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - GSalden - 14-03-2010

Is it possible to make certain parts form a bitmap invisible. so the default FSX underground will apear there ?

I made several bitmaps from the Schiphol area.
What I would like to do is let the photo scenery end next to roads surrounding Schiphol.

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - rsoro01 - 20-03-2010

Quote:GSalden wrote:
Is it possible to make certain parts form a bitmap invisible. so the default FSX underground will apear there ?

I made several bitmaps from the Schiphol area.
What I would like to do is let the photo scenery end next to roads surrounding Schiphol.
I believe SBuilderX allows you to do this. A quick Google search will provide a link for the software. And here is the link to a tutorial on how
to use it in creating areas of photoscenery:
http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=fsxsd&DLID=140539 .

Rich

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - HB-100 - 22-03-2010

of course you can do this with FS Earth Tiles
check the UserDocu.rtf please

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - ecvatc - 07-04-2010

I need some help. I have tried for about 2 days to program the service to terraserver, but have had no luck. I would very much appreciate if
someone
who understands this would help me out. Here is what i did so far:

Really what I need is it to download from a public domain website, like usgs (seamless.usgs.gov)

[Service1]
ServiceCodeing = xyz
ServiceUrl = http://terraserver-usa.com/tile.ashx?t=1&s=10&;% #you need to replace the * with a service base url
ServerVariations = http://www.terraserver-usa.com/ #Server variations that all have to contain the same Tiles (old
versions v=24, v=20)
#Server variations that all have to contain the same Tiles

I read the read me like 1000 times and still dont understand it.

Terraservers website is http://www.terraserver-usa.com

Can anyone help????

Thx Matt
Thank you so much for this great program!

Matt

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - NZ255 - 24-04-2010

Has anyone had any luck with Google latley?

Could you post your .ini and .cs files please?

Thanks

Nick

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - HB-100 - 08-05-2010

@ecvatc
probabily not possible to do with just adapting the .ini file.
I briefly checked and it showed a bitmap of 200x200 pixel.
The bitmap have to be 256 that FSET can put them together else you will get gaps. Means you would have to create a 256pixel out of that 200pixel bitmap first
somehwo.
I also don't know the map projection they used. Creating the address for accessing the tiles would be possible although you have to find out self how this
addressing is donewith this service. Every service uses an own one. adaption then has to be made in the TileCodeingScript files see earlier posts.
The quality of the phototexture of this services seems not to be very good..looks kind of grey and low res to me when i checked. If this is it then zhis would not give
a satisfiing experience at all.

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - booddha - 04-07-2010

Quote:saadoon wrote:
Hi All.
need help and appreciate some assistant.
i have installed FSET and every thing working fine but having problem importing KML to FSET.
i placed the KML in work folder and when i press the K botton nothing happens and also i tried moving kml over
fset.exe but still nothing.
can anyone please help me to import kml to FSET.

thanks and best regards

Hi, i have the same disfontion.
I importing KLM to fset, and..... nothing in my scenery. No water mask. What's appened?

ps : sorry for my bad english.

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - Diuc - 21-07-2010

Hi...

I'm using FSET v1.0 and Google Earth 5.0.
I make a water mask file with GE 5.0, named AreaKML.KML (coast and deepwater polygons).
But is seems that FSEarthMask "hates" this new version of KML file.

Why ? Firts, it tells me this : "Error Catched in XML Coordinates parsing". Ahah...
So I cannot have a lovely island with FS water and waves... No water mask !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After, I tried something :
I opened one KML example file of FSET, using GE 5.0. I've saved it again and guest what, it didn't work !!!!!!!!! Nice isn't it ?

I tried also to install old versions of GE but it asked me to update so I came back to the beginnig of my problem, using GE ..

Probably Google team have a new format of it's KML file that doesn't work anymore with FSEarthMask...

Do you have any solutions ?

PS : I'm French (please no laughting), trying English Configuration with Windows 7 and '.' and not ','.

Good bye,

Davy

PS 2 : Does VirtualEarth use KML file ? It can help maybe...

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - HB-100 - 09-08-2010

Well I just tried it myself with the Azores Example KML loaded it and saved it and it was still ok and I didn't detect a problem with google 5.0. (but checked with
FSET only not FSEM no time for)
On save you have to select your folder only dont forget.

If you have it and I not it mayight be a country setting specific problem. for example german write numberes 3,14156 whereas rest of world 3.14156

The coordformat in the KML that Google stores should belike this -25.69061487704684,37.7344451461804,0 that menas 3 values separated with comma.
Then there should come a space and again 3 values separated with comma.

This is the end of my example KML file:

-25.69555862021623,37.73482921086291,0 </coordinates>
</LinearRing>
</outerBoundaryIs>
</Polygon>
</Placemark>
</Folder>
</Document>
</kml>

so you should check your new KML file (that doesn't works) and compare it with the old one(that works)
the fastest way to do ist to rename them into .xml files and double click on them to open it in the browser.
Then you should see the difference.

depending on the difference correcting it might be an language setting option in google earth if there is one (take switzerland instead germany as example) or
open and save it with another kml tool hope that that one corrects it or write a converting prog.

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - phoenix - 15-09-2010

After several months whitout making sceneries, I tried to make a new small scenery starting from an AreaKML file from the latest version
of GE. My surprise was that the k import button didn't work. I tried to import the AreaKML file in a second portable computer with and one
year old (aprox) version of GE and then I saved the file, without any modifications.
The AreaKML generated by the older GE version works this time!.
I compared the two AreaKML files with the program Compare It! and I could realize of some minor changes in the xml code.

Best Regards,
Angel