FsPassengers Forums
FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Flight Simulators (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Forum: FSX General (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 (/showthread.php?tid=11376)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - Snowboy - 25-09-2010

Hi,

Having the same problem as Diuc. Looked at the xml files from the old and new GE, but can't see where the problem is. Can anyone
help?

Thanks.

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - ozgurtetik - 08-11-2010

Hi All,

I've been trying to get FSET working. I have issue with zoom and value for z. See below link

http://khm0.google.com/kh/v=67&x=121&y=211&z=9 this is working.

http://khm0.google.com/kh/v=67&x=121&y=211&z=10 this is NOT working. We just made z=9 to z=10. Google doesnt have same z value for
every tile.

FSET is keeping z value everytime same. If we set zoom as 10 then z will be z=10 for every single tile request. Result is cannot find/access web site.

Here is my FSET ini file part

[Service1]
ServiceCodeing = xyz
ServiceUrl = http://khm0.google.com/kh/v=41&%s
ServerVariations = khm0,khm1,khm2,khm3

If I understood right, TileCodeingScript.cs script is designed for this reason. I have activated scripts in FSET ini file. No luck. Still same result.

Is there any solution for this?

Post Edited ( 11-08-10 23:39 )

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - Diuc - 16-11-2010

Hi...

I found the problem with the areakml file generated with GE 5.0.
At then end of the line that contain datas (between Coordinates), there is a problem with "0 \n\n\t\t\t\".
So I changed the code inside the function : AddLatLongVector(Int32 iTransitionType, String iParseMe, tLineType iLineType)
(FSEarthMasksForm).
Now it works fine for me...

Here's the code...
private void AddLatLongVector(Int32 iTransitionType, String iParseMe, tLineType iLineType)
{
if (iLineType != tLineType.eNone)
{
try
{
Exception vMyException = new Exception("an exception");

MasksCommon.ResetStringParserPointer();

// The code to get longitude and latitude from iParseMe
iParseMe = iParseMe.Trim();
iParseMe += " ";
iParseMe = iParseMe.Remove(iParseMe.Length - 4);
iParseMe = iParseMe.Replace("0 ","");

string [] t= iParseMe.Split(',');

for (int c = 0; c < t.Length; c++)
{
try
{
tXYCoord vXYCoord;
string u1 = t[c];
string u2 = t[c + 1];
Double vValue1 = Convert.ToDouble(u1, NumberFormatInfo.InvariantInfo);
Double vValue2 = Convert.ToDouble(u2, NumberFormatInfo.InvariantInfo);

vXYCoord.mX = vValue1;
vXYCoord.mY = vValue2;
mRawCoordsLatLong.Add(vXYCoord);
c++;
}
catch
{
SetStatusFromFriendThread(" Error with conversion in XML Coordinates parsing. ");
Thread.Sleep(3000);
}
}
// End of update
// Davy DUCLY

/* while (!MasksCommon.IsStringParserEnd(ref iParseMe))
{
Double vValue1 = 0.0;
Double vValue2 = 0.0;
Double vValue3 = 0.0;
tXYCoord vXYCoord;

Boolean vValid = false;

vValid = MasksCommon.GetNextDoubleFromStringParser(ref iParseMe, ',', ref vValue1);

if (vValid)
{
vValid = MasksCommon.GetNextDoubleFromStringParser(ref iParseMe, ',', ref vValue2);
}
else
{
if (!MasksCommon.IsStringParserEnd(ref iParseMe))
{
throw vMyException;
}
}
if (vValid)
{
vValid = MasksCommon.GetNextDoubleFromStringParser(ref iParseMe, ' ', ref vValue3);
}
else
{
throw vMyException;
}
if (vValid)
{
vXYCoord.mX = vValue1;
vXYCoord.mY = vValue2;
mRawCoordsLatLong.Add(vXYCoord);
}
else
{
throw vMyException;
}

}
*/
//Now Add the Vectors to the correct Lists
CreatePixelRawCoords();
if ((iLineType == tLineType.eCoast) || (iLineType == tLineType.eDeepWater))
{
//Transition
CreateLines();
AddPointsToLists(iTransitionType, iLineType);
AddLinesToLists(iTransitionType, iLineType);
}
else
{
//Fix Polygon
AddFixPolygon(iTransitionType, iLineType);
}

}
catch
{
SetStatusFromFriendThread(" Error Catched in XML Coordinates parsing. ");
Thread.Sleep(3000);
}
}
}

Hope it will help...

With pleasure

Davy

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - ozgurtetik - 19-11-2010

Hi All,

Any answer to my issue?

Post Edited ( 11-19-10 10:45 )

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - GSalden - 22-11-2010

Hi all,

Could someone explain to me how I can make land blends to match the photo scenery into the FSX scenery.
I intend to do a smalll town and fit that one into the default scenery.

In the manual Google earth is being used for the examples. However I use Virtual earth, as this matches the colors of the photo scenery
airport which is near the town.

Therefore I am not sure whether or not to use Google earth with KML files.

As you can see I need to make the part at the left side of the road transparent.

[Image: EHAM%20photo%20extra%201.jpg]

Post Edited ( 11-22-10 11:44 )

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - phoenix - 22-11-2010

Please Davy,
Send the files compiled. I tried to compile the FsEarthMasks dll and replace the old ones but they dosent' work. I'm not an expert in C
compilers and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong.
Thanks in advance

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - luckyluca - 30-11-2010

Hello,

My name is Luca, I'm a flight sim enthusiast with development experience for x-plane and fs (although I haven't touched fs since fs2004).
First of all thank you for fs earth tiles, it seems like a very handy cool program!

I've got a question for you, but first a little background of what I'm doing and what I'm trying to achieve:
I created 130Gb of photoreal sceneries for x-plane (that is italy and the UK) using g2xpl (a program made by somebody else that downloads tiles from
virtual earth and google map services).
The resulting sceneries comprehend 100.000+ .dds tiles and the related .dsf and .ter x-plane scenery. .ter files are textfiles with latlong
coordinates and tile filename for each tile.
I was toying with the idea of re-creating the same sceneries for FSX and was hoping I could use my .dds tiles instead of re-downloading 130Gb :-)

Here's the question:
Considering that I can write python programs and that I know, of each tile, the latlong coordinates as well as northing eastings, do you feel it would
be doable to somewhat batch-run FS earth tiles and create the FS scenery files required to map my tiles?

Thanks for your help!
Luca

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - Sloop - 27-01-2011

Hi to everybody

im kinda new to this great tool and at first I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to the author for releasing this software. I am trying to do my first
photo scenery for FSX. I have setup FSET services and everything works fine so far. My questions I still have are following:

1.) Let's assume there's a download process active. When I hit the "Abort" button, and afterwards again "START" then FSET will begin at
the first tile to download. Cannot this great tool recognize the already downloaded tiles and just continue, where it stopped before? So
only these tiles are downloaded which are missing for the drawed area.

2.) When all the tiles are downloaded and ready I would like to edit the whole area which I choosed with Photoshop. So I can adjust
manually brightness, gamma, color correction, and of course I would like to cut unwanted small areas, like lakes or rivers. I would really
appreciate to manually exclude the water areas within Photoshop, because I think it's too much work to draw paths with Inkjet or
GoogleEarth program as described in the manual. Is this possible with FSET? I thought of following: I load the huge area as one file into
my Photoshop. Everywhere I see water, I fill it with black colour (or was it white?) and I will also do manually the blending to black colour.
That means, the coast is still visible, and from coast beginning into the water I will do a blending to black. I would paint lakes black.

Is this possible with FSET? How should I do that ? Which file is the final complete big tile I have to edit? And should I config FSET to
compile after download, or choose No? How do I compile afterwards when I finished with editing of this huge area within Photoshop?
Does the compiler then recognizes the black areas like photo scenery holes, so the FSX water will be displayed?

I hope someone can give me more detailled information about that.

3.) Let's assume I draw a very small test area, for which are tiles with resolution level -2 available (I checked it, -2 are available and looks
great!). When I download these tiles and create a photoscenery, how does FSX handle it when flying in big heights over this area? Will
FSET only download and compile the -2 resolution tiles, or does FSET also download and use the top resolution levels also? (in this
case: -1, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc.) ? I am asking about because I think Tileproxy loads the tiles regarding the height of the airplane. Does FSET
also do this, or just downloads and creates the scenery with exact the resolution level which was choosed? So when I downloaded -2
tiles, and I would fly in 20.000 feet above the ground, will I see in FSX the FSET created photoscenery, with the huge file size, or does FSX
choose another tile with another LOD?

4.) When an area download is complete, I see that something is processed within a DOS box. I also see that FSET opens a bitmap with
water, and it looks animated. What exactly is processed in this step, can you explain to me in details? Does FSET recognize automatically
where water is or what the hell? Smile

My intension is to create a photoscenery of my area. Resolution 0 is availabe at all of this area, in some smaller areas (center of big
cities) -1 and -2 are also available. I don't mind about the file size, as I have big HardDisk Smile so I am asking about these questions.

Thanks to everyone for support!!!

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - Sloop - 01-02-2011

Need help. I want to manually edit my downloaded bitmaps with Photoshop. I would like to delete certain parts, but HOW can I do that? I did
following:

1) I opened the .bmp with Photoshop.
2) Then I saved it as .TIFF and close the bmp-file
3) Then I open the new saved .tiff file and add a new layer (alpha mask).
4) Now I can draw/fill/delete my areas of desire. Black=Water, White=Land. When finished I save the .TIFF again.
5.) Then I open the .inf file, and change the information to

Layer = Imagery
Type = tiff

and of course adjust to the correct new filename (.tiff).

6.) I manually start the resample-Tool and the .bgl is created

When I open this scenery in FSX, I am getting WATER at the black drawn area. But: I wanted this area just do be not visible, so the default
FSX scenery will appear under it.

How can I do that????

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - Sloop - 01-02-2011

Alright, GOT IT ! Smile Just add another layer to the tiff for opacity. Oh yeah! Gotta do some work now ...

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - Adrien1004 - 19-03-2011

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a little trouble creating watermasks Smile

Here is the issue : everytime the software comes to that specific part, although I scrupulously follow every step found on this forum's tutorials, I
always get a message that says Error Catched in XML Coordinates parsing if I'm trying to use Google Earth or Error Catched in SVG
Coordinates parsing
if I'm using Inkscape. And, of course, no mask is created at all...

Could somebody tell me how to fix that ? Thanks a lot !!!

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - SirDaniel - 29-04-2011

Quote:Sloop wrote:
Need help. I want to manually edit my downloaded bitmaps with Photoshop. I would like to delete certain parts, but HOW can I do that? I did
following:

1) I opened the .bmp with Photoshop.
2) Then I saved it as .TIFF and close the bmp-file
3) Then I open the new saved .tiff file and add a new layer (alpha mask).
4) Now I can draw/fill/delete my areas of desire. Black=Water, White=Land. When finished I save the .TIFF again.
5.) Then I open the .inf file, and change the information to

Layer = Imagery
Type = tiff

and of course adjust to the correct new filename (.tiff).

6.) I manually start the resample-Tool and the .bgl is created

When I open this scenery in FSX, I am getting WATER at the black drawn area. But: I wanted this area just do be not visible, so the default
FSX scenery will appear under it.

How can I do that????

This way only works for FSX right? For FS2004 the only way is to create vectors right?

Post Edited ( 04-29-11 23:07 )

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - SirDaniel - 29-04-2011

And there is another thing i wanna ask to you HB 100, looks like you don't check this forum a lot of time but, i'm doing a photo-real scenery with
some 3d building for my area, and there are a lot of simmers in Portugal in my region ( Oporto city) so can i put it available for downland for them?
We only have the LPPR by tropicalsim, they only made the airport, and there is no more addons for my region, and default textures sucks, so if you
could give me premiss on for that i will be very appreciated

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - GSalden - 03-04-2012

Anyone has the latetst GxxxxE Earth service url ?

Mine is not working anymore.

Thanks in advance

Re: FS Earth Tiles v1.0 - MyPC8MyBrain - 16-03-2013

i found a map service i'd like to dl tiles from
but im getting lost trying to talk to their ArcGis map server json Api

i need help modifying TileCodeingScript.cs to support X,Y or WKID
anyone has any idea how to do this please reach out

if anyone willing to take a quick look
here is the specific map API instructions
http://www3.emap.co.il/ArcGIS/rest/services/eMap_Ortho_2010/MapServer

ESRi Documentation
http://support.esri.com/es/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/38320