FsPassengers Forums
diabling landing light penalty - Printable Version

+- FsPassengers Forums (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum)
+-- Forum: FsPassengers (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: FsPassengers Customizing (http://www.fspassengers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: diabling landing light penalty (/showthread.php?tid=10105)

diabling landing light penalty - woodhick803 - 15-04-2006

I fly non-pressurized, normally aspirated engine aircraft. FL10 is at the top of my flight altitude range, not a transition altitude by any means.
Is it possible for me to disable just the landing light penalty section of the realistic penalties? And if so, where can I find the "offending" file?

Re: diabling landing light penalty - Drew - 15-04-2006

do you mean disable the landing light penelty, and keep all of the other lights (stobe beacon etc) penelties turned on?

or

disable all light penelties?

Re: diabling landing light penalty - woodhick803 - 15-04-2006

Well that was cute, Firefox just updated itself without so much as a "by your leave" and lost my posting for me. As I was saying... I wish to disable
only the landing light penalty so that I can routinely fly under FL10 without incuring a landing light penality, but retain all other light penalties
as per the normal set up.

Re: diabling landing light penalty - archer49d - 19-04-2006

Just disable them all... because their wrong... Strobes are not recquired in daytime, as well as NAV (position) lights aren't either, Landing
lights are recquired whenever in Class B airspace, and it's a good practice to turn them on during descent and climb. They
are "recquired" for commercial Part 121 (we shut em off anyway) but I don't think they are for Part 135 operations up to and including
10,000 MSL.

Re: diabling landing light penalty - woodhick803 - 19-04-2006

Ok!! Thanks for the info.

Re: diabling landing light penalty - Drew - 19-04-2006

I dont think its possible to disable just the landing lights, and keep the rest active.

However, if 10,000 is the top of your planes capabilities, why not just fly at 9800 and leave the landing lights on for the full flight, thus not
inccuring a penalty

Re: diabling landing light penalty - woodhick803 - 19-04-2006

Because flying all the time with the lights on seems like an incorrect idea to me. I may be wrong here, I've never flown a real airplane and know
almost nothing about how things are done in the real world, but I'd suspect the lights are not always on, even if someone is home. Guess I'll just
turn off the penality portion of the program. Of course, it the penality incured isn't too high, I'll just take my penality lumps and say do what yah
gotta do.

Re: diabling landing light penalty - Drew - 19-04-2006

penalty for landing lights is only minus 50 points

cant you fly 10200 then so you can have them off, or is 10000 the absolute limit?

Re: diabling landing light penalty - woodhick803 - 20-04-2006

Well, it's not really a problem to take the 50 point penality. The real problem is one of my charter service does a lot of short flights, 2 hours or
less. This is so I can finish the flight in one sitting. I use aircraft like the C 172, 177, 206 by preference, so the problem is in climb rates
above 6000ft or so. At higher altitudes a C 177 can only be trusted for 300ft/min or so. I would, in effect, spend almost all my time climbing or
descending. Not cool. I'm satisfied to take the small penality. But I do think it a shame not to be able to disable the "offending" landing light
penality.