FsPassengers Forums

Full Version: Enhancement suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What if we asked Dan to include a company manager program outside FS?
I use that screen a lot, and it would be very useful if I had access to that tool without having to load the entire simulator... Wink

i second that

gerrit
The simulator takes 30 seconds to load! What's the problem with simply loading it? I can see what you'd like to have implemented, but
that means CREATING a whole new program... lot's of work. I'd rather have Dan devote his time to improving FSP directly, then simply
modifying the availability of an already present system.

30 seconds to load FSM, 30 seconds to load FSNavigator, 30 seconds to load Active sky, 30 sec to load Fsbuild, 30 secs to ........... you
get the point!.

I've got quite a few enchancements, and it takes about 30 seconds for everything to load to the main menu, then another 20 seconds to
load a flight... I can wait 50 seconds.

That's exactly why I would like to have this enhancement made...
There is important information there, but it's too little to make me wait all this time.
And the program would not be that hard to be done... And most of it is already done - just copy and paste events and routines into a new
program, linked to the database.
I bet Dan could do it in a couple of hours, not more than this... We already know his programming skills! Wink

Quote:SWAFO wrote:
I've got quite a few enchancements, and it takes about 30 seconds for everything to load to the main menu, then another 20 seconds to
load a flight... I can wait 50 seconds.

You're not the only person with FSP? Rant

I've got a pretty decent PC, XP takes 20 seconds to load from when I push the power button till when I login. My FS9 installation is getting
close to 10GB at the moment, plus the additional 16GB (or how ever the hell big it is) of FSGlobal. Trust me, FS9 does *not* always take
50 seconds to load my friend...

Quote:lchristianes wrote:
What if we asked Dan to include a company manager program outside FS?
I use that screen a lot, and it would be very useful if I had access to that tool without having to load the entire simulator... Wink

This has been discussed before and Dan said that he had to choose between a outside Fs2004 program (like what you are suggesting)
and an in-Fs2004 program. He chose to in-Fs2004 because it's easier to program and you don't have to rely on third-party applications
like FSUIPC to make it work.

Phil

I support his decision to make the manager in FS. Much easier.