FsPassengers Forums

Full Version: Ahhh nothing like....(an FSP story)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK heres my situation...I had a former company in FSP with a lot of flights under my belt. Also had a different company with a similar
name - the original company I created the day I bought FSP (SaVas Airlines and the newer one with everything correct SaVas Air). One
sleepy night burning the midnight oils (Thursday this week), I decided to delete the old company as it had me as the pilot with the default
birthday, and I had started with the default 70 mill in the bank. I wanted my correct birthday, and less money in the bank to start. So I
deleted it. Ooops. Deleted the wrong one. 30+ flights went the way of the Bermuda Triangle lol

No worries. It happens and lesson learned...no that wasnt a complaint with FSP, but my own stupidity. Deleted the one I wanted to delete
as well, started a new company with one mill in the bank. Polar Air Lines

First purchase was the MAAM DC-3 passenger version as this is a retro airline. Now buying an aircraft like this....ALL of the choices had a
LOT of hours, and only one was at 100%. All also had former owners that were known for not keeping up their aircraft also...well...

the one at 100% was almost three mill. Not enough money...

Another was $950K. Wouldnt leave enough in the bank incase I needed it.
Another was around 700K...still not enough left over in the bank, and the last was $490K, but it had a lot of hours and needed some
maintenance work.

Knowing I needed a slush fund in the bank incase of emergency maintenance, I bought the one for $490K. First flight went off without a
hitch. I bought the plane in the Virgin Islands, and it was an old United Air Lines aircraft. I repainted it removing the United off the wings
and fuselage as well as anywhere it said United, replaced it with the word Polar, and was going to fly it to Alaska where my home base
would be picking up passengers that wanted a low cost flight to help maintain my bank account as I knew flying to Alaska wouldnt be
cheap and would require a number of legs.

Second flight out of Cuba headed to Key West, early morning, 19 souls on board, engine 2 started overheating and fluctuating right after
take off. Declared an emergency, and landed safely. thank goodness for making some money with that first flight because I had a bird
strike and repairs cost me roughly $650,000. I had less than 100K in the bank after that.

Made several flights, and was all the way in Iowa the following day. Early morning the sun was coming up, clear skies...Oh no, another
incident shadowing the Cuba fiasco. I declared an emergency landing and again I was socked for engine damage by a bird.

So what does this mean exactly? Here is an excerpt of information from my statistics so far

Company statistics:

One pilot
11 total flights so far
0 crashes
32h53 total flight time
4,051 Nm
189 total passengers
5842 lbs cargo carried
16612 lbs fuel used
$2,120,432 total flight income

Aircraft:
Douglas DC-3A UAL (now Polar Air)
Multi Engine Prop
7733h31 Total hours
-$2,434,925 Total expense
-$314,486 Balance

So this plane has cost a lot of money :D

But thanks to several good flights, I now have $1,299,658 in the bank and a reputation of 87%

and right now I am flying over the Yukon Territory, 25 Nm from Whitehorse Intl with 22 souls on board, getting ever so close to the DC-3's
new home.

Definitely enjoying starting with a small account and an old airplane :D:D

I am glad some people out there have the patience to fly the DC-3. Give me the jets!

Quote:ClemsonPilot wrote:
I am glad some people out there have the patience to fly the DC-3. Give me the jets!

Well I hope that eventually Polar Air will become big enough to have the grand jets as well, but with one mill and change in the bank, a
744 is not in my immediate future so Polar starts with a good bush hopping service

I want to start up a bush plane company in my next venture. I flew the Saab 340 and CRJ before the 737...and they were sadly props.

Where is a good place to find a list of Alaskan strips to start a bush plane service?

I have several addons, Ultimate Terrain Canada/Alaska, Misty Fjords, and a host of freeware addon bush strips you can find at AvSim.
And if I find a place that only has a strip with no buildings I create my own using Lago's FSE/FS Enhancer

oh sweet...thanks! I will have to check those out

You can adjust your flightplans according to what you find here:

http://www.avsim.com/pages/1102/bush_adv...enery.html

http://avsim.com/bfu/index.html

Most - if not all - of the addons work in FS9 too.
And don't miss any of Naji's sceneries!!! They are a must!!
Bush flying is a fun way to start an airline. I'm now up to 21 planes but flying asphalt strips now, all aircraft are SEP class but one of my
pilots is only a matter of hours away from MEP.