FsPassengers Forums

Full Version: Income vs. Range
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone,

How is the income for one flight calculated? I ask because I noticed a huge difference between medium and long haul flights. My Company has a total of
21 aircraft and around 95% of Reputation, now, I flew the PMDG 747 a lot on transpacific routes, around 11 hours flight time while going to sleep or
work while FSX was running Wink those flights usually give me some 8 Million Euros ingame income with around 370 Pax and half capacity of cargo
on-board. Same for the CS 767-300ER I fly from Europe to southern america.

Now I did a short 3 hour flight in the 747, also 370 Pax but full cargo, and, without failures or something, recieved 25 Million Euros in one flight!

How is this possible? Isnt pax income based on distance?
The further you fly, the more fuel you use and the more onboard food consumed, thus your overheads increase against what your passengers are paying
for their ticket price.

For long flights you have to raise the price of your tickets and food. You will have fewer passengers which means less weight to carry.

Unless you are flying over the Pacific with no nearby airports, you're going to make much more money by breaking up long trips in two. e.g., if you
are flying KSFO-KJFK, you can fly KSFO-KDEN and KDEN-KJFK instead. More points, more money, more fun.

Post Edited ( 02-12-12 20:25 )
My experience is that the optimal duration of a flight is between 2 to 3 hours. With an average jetliner like the 737 or A320... I surely havent
tried evry combination, but for me this seems to be the rule of thumb...

Necro posting is a no-no. Just thought I would be nice and inform you of it, GEO