FsPassengers Forums

Full Version: pre-flight checks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I started on a flight with an Airbus A380 I noticed that the oil pressure of one engine was very low.
I just started the aircraft and didn't pay attension to it any more, later I crashed because the engine flamed out.
My question: I you notice a fault before takeoff should you abort the flight or do something else?
In my end flight report was written that I failed to check the fault, but when I did I had to abort the flight.
Aborting the flight would be the better result in that situation. Treat it as you would in real life. Top
When you abort the flight before you took off, do you get an end-flight report?
Quote:FSPFAN wrote:
When you abort the flight before you took off, do you get an end-flight report?

I read somewhere in this forum that indeed you should've aborted, and that you get a flightreport. I think this is the only situation where you get a
report without taking off.

Allard.
Thanks!
but though, it's still very difficult if not impossible to find a failure before starting engines. Let's say that even if it is realistic and fun it
has no effect doing a walkaround and general checks on the aircraft as there are no clues to failures. No oil dipping from engine, no weird sounds.
Everything always works fine until a flag says failed and that thing simply stops working. This is a not good part of FS. I dont like, they should put
some more effects in this, like engine doing strange sounds before failing, maybe an oil leak from engine on ground that would be visible.... Some
light smoke coming from some parts indicating an overheat... etc... that would be nice. There is the need for more ligc though as there arent
parameters for such advanced values... but the technology to do that is here available, the efoort of nice peple is missing i believe. If only I would
know how to program such values!
I agree that it would be nice if all these failures could be coupled to effects we can see and hear. I think that Microsoft should make a more
advanced damage model, including wear, tear and abuse. They should also include the accompanying effects (both audible and visual). Then, addons like
FsPassenger can use these parameters to really create the effect. As far as I know, FS lacks these options, so developers need to design their own
failure options. For example PMDG has incorporated some failures in their 747, but since it is not part of the FS 9 enviroment, FsPassenger can't use
it. We need some kind of default failure parameters that are far more advanced than what is available now in FS 9. Perhaps with FSX it is different.
I doubt FSX will bring these advanced features. Developers are too busy doing graphics then thinking on how to make a model more accurate and
realistic. Today seems people care more of graphics and appereance then features and accuracy of models.

There is the need of a complete new FS system, with lots of logic behind it. Models that are modelled to touch with the whole surface instead of just
some contact points. Dynamics which interact with the environment. Sounds coming from real sources instead of looping from nothing.

The technology is there waiting but it is not used. The potential is there, but they are not achieving it. FS could reach goals we cant even imagine
and notice, but developers dont put enough effort.

There are some that put all their effort but unfortunately being FS a scarse product they cannot achieve extraordinary results even doing a lot of
work. FsP for example is the eccellent job of a great developer. Unfortunately it cannot be a extraordinary program mainly becoz of limitations FS
have, like compatiblity and accuracy....

This is it!
When they'll make a great product I'll be there to say how beautiful it is, until then I'll be here suggesting how teh current one can be improved