FsPassengers Forums

Full Version: What would you like fixed in FS?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Please post what bugs or annoynances you see in FS and would like fixed. Ideally, in the form of the steps to reproduce them.

I will test if those issues are present in the upcoming FSX (of which I was accepted as beta tester) and if so, will report them, so hopefully
they will be fixed.

I understand that everyone has many product suggestions, and those are welcome too, but I primarily look for the true bugs, i.e.
when Flight Simulator works not as expected.

thanks,

Post Edited ( 05-12-06 22:39 )
Cool Top

maybe more detail report of crash to desktop, so we can fix the issue ourselves. eg. if its a scenery issue maybe theres a way that
flightsim could recognize the problem
a kind of built in activesky
Quote:ste9889 wrote:
a kind of built in activesky

not add ons .....bugs and fixes
A more detailed Fight Planner, with possibility to update AIRACS, work with SID and STARS....
A better, much better ATC,...or at least fix the errors the one we have now has,...
Detailed reports of CTDs, scenery errors,...
Fix the annoying fog layers and other issues related to weather generation.
Possibility to load complex aircraft without having to load Cesnnas or simple A/C first

guys also remember fsx is not going to do a lot of things where add on developers can generate. remember its all about money and
branding of production. for eg. activesky creates great weather, also alot of add on aircraft that updates sid and stars as well as other
utilities for flightplanning. I think the main focus should be things that developers cant simulate in flightsim like you mentioned
aristoteles, better ATC and of course much much better sounds for ai aircraft spool up sound landing touchdown effects and takeoff roll
sound and spool up. what you say guys?
Better ATC is a big must, It needs to be changed without a doubt.

Also better failures, not a "when will they fail" but "will they fail?" namely in the instruments, that way I dont see it coming.

Post Edited ( 05-13-06 06:09 )
ATC is the biggest thing for me. The ATC engine in 2k4 just wan't built to handle large amounts of AI traffic (a big thing for me) and does a very
poor job of doing it. This must be fixed in X for me or I will be very dissappointed. Also it needs to work with SIDs/STARs and handle crossing
runways. Also I'd like more realistic ai sounds. I'd love to be able to hear the roar of an ai plane taking off, you know what I mean. Also, I know
its a super long shot but maybe real world ai planes/flight planes included out of the box? Even limited ones would be a good start.

Invisible pushbacks also have to go.

They have to do something about the blackout simulation engine. It just doesn't feel realistic to me in 2k4.

Visual damage/fires/etc would be a cool thing to see.

More realistic weather using METARs.

Ability to start "cold and dark" without loading the cessna and turning everything off first. Feelthere was actually able to do this in 2k4 with
their ERJ somehow...

A better camera system. Something a little more in depth than just the spot view a la active camera, but built in.

Turbulence and icing: Since you can't actually feel going through turbulence because it is a non motion simulation, there should be sounds that go
along with the turbulence, rattles and things like you'd hear in a real aircraft. And icing needs to be simulated better, this is a big thing lacking
in 2k4, it should also be visually modeled.

They need to make it so all of the aircraft lights in the game don't flash at the same time (random times). I'm tired of flying at night in busy
airspace and seeing the entire sky light up every second as the strobe lights go off. I know you can do this in 2k4 but I don't like the way it's done.

Upgraded lightmaps. Do away with the texture based lightmap system for crying out loud! Please! I really hope they can do something with this,
considering the level of lighting in new games I'm sure they will.

A good feature for developers for them to include straight away would be whatever the new AFCAD system is. That would sure speed up the process of
getting new addons for X.

Better sound system in general. I've flown a real cessna many times and the simulator version of the sounds isn't even close to the real thing.
That's just an example. Like the sound of props cavitating, etc.

Afterburners: Can they actually look like flames please?

Heat wave effects: lots of games have this now, FSX is just screaming for it!

That's all that I can think of at the moment...

ok then well, alphaone sums everything up, aristoteles hit the nail on the head with the flightplanner
Hydraulic system on aircraft is not "modeled", I mean, in the case of a hydraulic low pressure failure, we shouldn´t be able to move sthe stick and
get a soft response,aierons, flaps,..should be hard if not imposible to move,...
Better antiskid and braking depiction,....
Does pitot heating actually affect the instruments,?.. fix that too,...
Asynchronous strobe lights.
And what about better flight dinamics...?

Quote:maybe more detail report of crash to desktop, so we can fix the issue ourselves. eg. if its a scenery issue maybe theres a way that
flightsim could recognize the problem

+1

Among that, internal coding that prevents memory leaks.

I'd like to see a spherical earth model instead of the the silly Mercator Projection cylinders currently in use. This would allow real-world great
circle navigation over the poles, and acual flight over the poles. I don't see much point in going to FSX unless this is done.
Thanks for replies and suggestions guys.

Question: since several people mentioned better ATC, I'm curious, why is that important, given the availability of live controllers at VATSIM
and IVAO ?

thanks,

Post Edited ( 05-17-06 18:38 )
Not everyone flies online.

I don't.

Pages: 1 2